Mini biomass recycling plant
- Ability to recycle a wide range of biomass (up to 55% humidity)
- Rapid return on investment (3 to 5 years)
- Autonomous and can be remotely controlled
- Compact (<200m2)
- Colourlesss, odourless fumes
- Low NOx emissions (<250ppm with green waste)
Groups and companies produce a large amount of biomass waste: green spaces maintenance, agricultural by-products, timber industry by-products, timber waste. Agro-industry companies also generate biomass, such as shells (nuts), fruit stones (olives, apricots, cherries), dregs from brewing, rice bran, etc.
A large proportion of these resources are not recycled and are expensive to dispose of, costing up to $60 per ton. In addition to direct costs, transporting waste in trucks also generates pollutants and nuisance.
Existing solutions include:
– Biomass boilers are incompatible with plant waste of variable quality and humidity, which makes their fuel relatively expensive. NOx emissions are quite high, particularly for small plants (<2MW).
– Anaerobic digestion (methanization), uses more humid waste (60-95% humidity), with significant operational and investment costs. It also generates big amounts of by-product (digestate) to be disposed of.
– Pyrogasification using gas combustion in an internal engine is only possible for dry waste (<20%) and also generates significant maintenance costs.
The Mini Green Power plant can turn ligneous waste (up to 55% humidity) of variable com- position into energy. This tolerance for the fuel used provides the potential for biomass waste disposal costs to be turned into revenue. The technology used is pyrogasification with external post-combustion (gas directly burnt into a collection boiler), associated with an ORC turbine. Being more reliable than combustion in a gas engine, it reduces maintenance costs considerably.
The power range of our power stations is as follows:
– In cogeneration: 200 to 1000 kW electric and 1000 to 4000 kW thermal,
– In pure heat production: 500 to 5000 kW thermal,
Waste consumption varies between 2 000 to 20 000 tons per year depending on the power range energy and the calorific value of incoming biomass.
The electricity produced can be used on the spot or sold to the network (0.16 to 0.20 e/kWh in France). The plant is entirely automated, can be remote controlled and is a turnkey solution. Mini Green Power’ can be adapted to the client’s needs by integrating different recycling modules: dryer, cogeneration plant, pure heat. This plant is environmentally friendly by minimizing emissions (NOx, fumes, dust).